Retired Superior Court Judge. Former District Attorney. Lawyer and counselor for over forty years. Wade Barber has the perspective, creativity, and knowledge to help you.
Wade Barber’s distinguished legal career has spanned the public and private sectors. Throughout his career, Wade has been committed to serving people and to Chatham County.
Following law school, Wade began his career with the Mecklenburg Legal Aid Society. In 1971 he joined his father in private practice in Pittsboro with the law firm Barber, Holmes, and Barber. In 1977, Wade left private practice to serve as the District Attorney of Orange and Chatham counties. In 1984, he returned to private practice with the firm Barber, Bradshaw & Vernon in Pittsboro. In 1998, he began his tenure as Senior Superior Court Judge of District 15B, serving Chatham and Orange Counties. After retiring as a Judge, he opened his own solo practice, in which he is currently practicing under.
Wade and his wife Marina currently reside in Chapel Hill. Marina was a professor in speech at Peace College in Raleigh. They have two daughters: Claire, who recently graduated order of the coif from the Loyola School of Law in Los Angeles in 2008 and is raising three children, and Elizabeth, who recently graduated with high honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2009.
- University of North Carolina School of Law ’70Juris Doctorate
- Davidson College ’67B.A. Economics
- Pittsboro High School ’62
- North Carolina Environmental Defense Fund Board of Directors (2006)
- North Carolina School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors Member
(1996 – 2002)
- Committee on Structure of the Courts for the North Carolina Courts Commission Chairman (1993 – 1998)
- District Bar Association President (1989-1990)
- North Carolina Bar Association Board of Governors (1985 – 1988)
- North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission Chairman (1981 – 1985)
- North Carolina District Attorneys Association President (1982)
- Chatham County Smart Start Distinguished Service Award
- North Carolina Civil Liberties Union Award
- North Carolina Mediation Network Service Award
- North Carolina Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section Service